Following a hard disk crash I had to recover 60000 photos from Backup. I found my backup contained multiple versions of photos and so I had ended up with over 250,000. Following a number of routines to remove duplicates I found a large number of file names had gone wrong, because the file creation dates were wrong.

Enter ExifRenamer, this program renamed all the 60000 files really quickly, and automatically, and it used the EXIF capture date to updated the creation date of each file at the same time it renamed it. This then made it super easy to import the files into Lightroom.

Couldn’t have done the job so easily without it, and it’s free (donation ware), but I was glad to send $25 to the author because it didn’t just save me hours, it made an almost impossible job, possible.